8 Anti-Aging Tips
You may have a daily beauty routine that you swear by, but is it helping you to stay youthful? These simple changes can help you look and feel young and vibrant.
1. Once you hit your late 20s, your hippocampus, which is responsible for memory, shrinks by 1% every year. This happens because your memory cells die from that point on. Luckily, the shrinking of your memory cells is reversible! By eating certain foods, you can increase blood flow to the brain, which will improve your mental performance. Also, challenge yourself to mental tasks.
2. You may feel young, but your eyes could be giving away your age. Dark circles and bags under the eyes are a side effect of an iron deficiency. Add iron-rich foods to your diet, like dark chocolate, kidney beans, and spinach. At night, apply a retinol eye cream, which will moisturize the skin and keep crow’s feet at bay.
3. Hearing loss often occurs when the inner ear is damaged, which could be due to loud noises or normal aging. Wear earplugs when you’re around loud noises. Make sure to rest your ears for one day afterwards, too. Keep the volume low when listening to music. If you continue to have trouble hearing, look into Miracle-Ear.
4. The skin on the neck is thinner than the skin on your face, making it more sensitive. When you moisturize your face, also moisturize your neck to prevent wrinkles and maintain elasticity. The moisturizer you use on your face should work just fine on your neck, so you don’t need to purchase a separate lotion.
5. Prevent hair damage by never brushing it when wet. Doing so will weaken the hair follicle, and that’s not the kind of damage that can be repaired. Use conditioners that are highly moisturizing. Only heat style when absolutely necessary, like when heading to a special occasion.
6. Did you know that acid can help smooth fine lines on the face? It sounds weird, but it’s true! It also helps to plump up skin cells. Salicylic, lactic, or glycol acid can be added to your beauty routine, depending on what type of skin you have.
7. Make sure to slather on moisturizer with SPF every morning. Even if you’re just heading out to run errands, you still need to protect your skin from the sun.
8. Give dry brushing a try to help with cell renewal and to detoxify. The skin is stimulated, increasing blood circulation and eliminating toxins. Using a brush with soft bristles, start with the soles of your feet and slowly work up to your heart. Do this up to three times a week.
There are plenty of naturals ways to ward off the signs of aging!